Horticultural and agronomic services since 1984.
Restoration Agriculture Workshop
November 1-3, 2012
1. Mark Shepard - Agroforestry and the Oak Savanna, Successional brushland and eastern woodlands ecological models; Farm-Scale Water Management
2. Steve Diver - The Role of Soil Organic Matter and Soil Foodweb Organisms; Using Composts, Compost Teas, and Biological Inoculants; Using a Soil Test to Develop a Soil Fertility Program
3. Brandon Angrisani - Managing Succession from Your Soil Biology Up; Livestock Management and Multispecies Grazing; Integrating Restoration Agriculture with your Current Practices; Developing an Economical Farm Ecosystem
Demonstration Field Day at Clear Creek Monastery
(Building Swales & Ponds, Tree Species & Tree Plantings, Keyline Subsoiler, Livestock Fencing)
Restoration Agriculture Workshop Flyer
Restoration Agriculture Workshop Schedule & Registration Form
2012 Serengeti Grazing Field Day
June 27, 2012
Ted Stevens Ranch, Cameron, Texas
1. Sabino Cortez - History and Benefits of Serengeti Grazing
2. Matt Larson - Sub-surface Irrigation Systems for Serengeti Pastures
3. Steve Diver - Nitrogen Cycling and Fertility from Dung Beetles
4. Will Winters, DVM - Holistic Animal Health
Kerr Center for Sustainable Agriculture - Resilient Farmer Workshop
April 28, 2012
1. Kerr Center horticultural plots, cover crops, composts, equipment (George Kuepper)
2. Organic Matter Management for On-Farm Fertility (Steve Diver)
3. Using Composts and Biological Amendments (Steve Diver)
4. Developing a Soil Fertility Program based on a Soil Test (Steve Diver)
Texas Plant and Soil Lab
5th Annual Short Course on Sustainable Practices
February 8-9, 2012
Casa De Las Palmas Hotel
"Practical Methods for Managing the Soil Habitat: Soil Biology and Organic Matter" by Steve Diver, Agri-Horticultural Consulting
The Barefoot Cook’s Fall Nutrient Dense Cooking & Gardening Workshop
October 15-16, 2011 9:00am-6:00pm both days
Featuring: Amanda Love (food preparation) and Steve Diver (holistic gardening)
Location: Yoga Vela, a beautiful Hill Country retreat setting in Driftwood, just 20 miles from downtown Austin, TX. Features a green-built home and yoga studio with an amazing rainwater system, pool, sauna and hot tub. Yoga classes in the morning.
Food Preparation and Meals: Learn how to eat a healthy diet based on the Weston A. Price model. Local produce, grassfed beef, and wholesome ingredients will be used to prepare two delicious luncheon meals. Everybody will participate in meal preparation. Learn how to make delicious kefirs, smoothies, kombucha, fermented vegetables, soups, salads, and more.
Holistic Gardening: Holistic gardening integrates soil minerals, soil biology, and quantum energy. Learn how to make your own organic fertilizer blends, potting mixes, raised beds and container gardens, foliar fertilizers and liquid drenches, compost teas, and grow abundant vegetable gardens loaded with good nutrition. Add cutting edge growing methods to your toolbox with advanced methods in eco-agriculture, biodynamics, ORMUS, and more.
"Shift your paradigm, Expand your palate, One meal at a time"